Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedules, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
- Interacting daily with the Design, Tech Design, Creative/Marketing, and Production teams regarding all aspects of the Product Development and Sourcing process.
- Compiles and reviews all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to issuance.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar, development status, and final handoff to production.
- Passes specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design and communicates daily with suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
- Works to calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Buys, schedules, monitors, and reports on all necessary sample materials.
- Maintains and issues all standards for the designs and production to manufacturing partners.
- Works on other relevant projects as required
- Schedules and tracks all pre-production samples to insure exact execution of final design. Reviews and approves all production materials and resolves any variances with suppliers, merchandising, design and production to maintain on time delivery of finished goods.
- Create and maintain the development, merchandising and sourcing calendar.
- Maintain constant communication with manufacturing partners to ensure the product development is on target to meet deadlines and delivery.
- Tracking of all essential approval submits needed throughout the product development process, from both fabric vendors and tanneries.
- Negotiate costs with suppliers to leverage best cost to successfully increase profit margin each consecutive year.
- Receipt and timely facilitation of all sample approval submits from all sample factories to our tech/design partners.
- Work with internal departments, and with direct sources, work to execute materials that are viable for our brand, trends, costing, and quality.
- Aims to instil quality in the product from material evaluation through final production.
- Ensures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances in development
- Degree in Apparel / Fashion design.
- Knowledge of Menswear and Athletic Apparel Industry for both men’s and ladies.
- 6 year’s + experience in management with technical design of apparel is required.
- Detailed knowledge of all apparel categories.
- Extensive knowledge of software tools as required Adobe (Illustrator, PS) and Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access). Ability to develop detailed Tech packs / technical sketches.
- Result oriented team player with great people management skills who works well under pressure in a fast, entrepreneurial team environment.
- Expert knowledge of Garment construction, Pattern making, Fitting and manufacturing.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and details.